Utah Salvage Title

In the state of Utah, insurance companies have the authority to declare a vehicle a total loss if your automobile is in an accident. If your insurance claims the total loss or the word salvage has been stamped on the title, it is illegal to operate your vehicle on any road in Utah. What this means is that your original registration on your vehicle has been cancelled, and you'll need to remove your plates off your automobile.

If the vehicle is restored, it has to be inspected before a Rebuilt Title will be issued. A rebuilt vehicle with a UT Salvage Rebuilt Title can be driven on the highways. Please note that your vehicle can't be re-titled until it passes a Salvage Inspection.

Sponsored Link Ad

1: Get Started with Online Application Assistance

Application assistance services can simplify the process for many DMV related services for a fee, including: renewing your license, applying for a license, registering a vehicle, replacing your license, changing your address and more. Other benefits include an ongoing monthly newsletter and a quarterly magazine covering important updates that affect drivers, important safety tips, trends, legislative updates and ways to save money on vehicle-related services.

2: By mail

Some drivers prefer to handle the renewal process by mail, rather than taking advantage of assistance services, visiting the DMV in person, or via available online services. Service by mail is available with limitations. Read below for additional details or visit your local DMV.

3: Via a DMV office

If your specific needs require an in-person visit, most, if not all, driver license services can be handled at your local DMV office. Varying DMV offices sometimes supply different types of services so you will need to check before your visit to make sure the DMV closest to you provides the service you require. In addition, you can call to see if your DMV allows you to make a personal appointment.

Utah Salvage Title

In the state of Utah, insurance companies have the authority to declare a vehicle a total loss if your auto is in an accident. If your insurance company takes possession of the vehicle, they are required to apply for a Salvage Title. If you as the owner retain possession, you will have to acquire a Utah Salvage Title. Please note that you cannot drive your vehicle on any Utah roadway until it is titled.

Utah Salvage Vehicle Title

If you remain the owner of the salvaged vehicle, you will receive your Utah Salvage Title by mail once your insurance company has declared the car a total loss and has filed all the mandatory paperwork.

Utah Salvage Vehicle Title to Rebuilt (Branded) Vehicle Title

If your vehicle has been repaired to roadworthy condition and passed a salvage inspection conducted by the Utah Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division, you may then file for a vehicle title that will be branded as Salvage Rebuilt at your local Utah DMV location. Make sure you check the Salvage Title box when filling out the form.

To download the vehicle application, click here.

Title an Abandoned Vehicle in Utah

An abandoned vehicle title in Utah can be claimed by anyone as long as the owner does not come forward to claim it. To claim an abandoned vehicle and title it, you'll have to first contact your local Utah local law enforcement agency, give them the location of the vehicle and fill out an Abandoned Vehicle Form. If the authorities investigate and the owner cannot be located, they will contact you.

At that point may take your completed Abandoned Vehicle Form to your local UT DMV branch and apply for a UT Motor Vehicle Title. For more information, contact UT local authorities or the DMV at 800-368-8824.